To keep our members up to date on temple matters, a brief summary of board meetings will be included in the monthly “Bodhi Mind”.
1. Temple re-roofing has been completed. We continue to seek personal donations to finance cost of $50,000. Thank you for those who have already generously contributed.
2. Plans are in place to have Tuesday evening sessions, twice monthly starting in Feb. Service, Dharma talk and discussion.
3 Total number of temple members at end of 2010 was 326.
4. Manning Park Family Retreat is set for May 21-23.
5. Mochitsuki was attended by 120, very successful event enjoyed by everyone.
6. UBC Bell-ringing service was attended by 160 on a cold night to ring-in the New Year.
7. 120 members and friends attended the New Year’s Day service. Light refreshments and well-wishes were enjoyed by all.
8. Voting for new Board closes on Feb.1. Annual general meeting will be on Feb 6, 1pm. Annual reports and new business, issues to be discussed. All members are asked to attend to offer input.
9. Dharma School Skating party was held on Dec. 17 with 50 aspiring skaters at Moody Park.
10. Bowling party scheduled for Jan 23. Everyone welcome.
11. Meal for members of Living Room day centre will be provided by temple youth and Dharma School students.