Young Buddhist International Cultural Study Exchange (YBICSE)
For many years, the Hongwanji has been sponsoring the YBICSE program. The basic purpose of this program is to expose young Buddhists to ideas about sharing Nembutsu teaching with others by visiting Hongwanji (mother temple), experiencing a home stay, touring historical Jodo Shinshu sites, and meeting people and YBAs from different countries. The trip will comprise of two parts, the first will be just the Canadian group on our own for Tokyo and other cities, and the second part will be organized through the Hongwanji (July 30 – August 7). Opportunity will be afforded for those youths who wish to receive confirmation rites by Gomonshu-sama. Please keep in mind that the participated youth will be the ambassadors representing your local temple and the JSBTC. Youths who wish to visit with relatives or friends at the conclusion of the group tour may do so; however, please notify me so that the return flight to Canada can be coordinated.
´â╝ Jodo Shinshu Buddhist
´â╝ Between the age of 15 and 25
´â╝ In good health
Dates of Trip: July 27 – August 9, 2011
Cost of Trip: CDN $2,000.00 (plus Travel Insurance if one needs)
Application and Selection Process:
1. Fill out the application and waiver form(s), write an essay, and ask your resident minister and lay member (preferably a local temple Dharma School Teacher or a temple president) to fill out the reference forms.
2. Application forms must be submitted to: Rev. Tatsuya Aoki YBICSE Registration Vancouver Buddhist Temple 220 Jackson Avenue Vancouver, BC, V6A 3B3
3. Application Deadline: April 22, 2011
4. Ten  Participants will be selected from Canada.
5. Canada Delegates will be announced by May 4, 2011.
Application form is available from your local temple and your minister. If there are any questions regarding 2011 YBICSE, please contact Rev. Tatsuya Aoki (2011 JSBTC Group Leader). Vancouver Buddhist Temple: (604) 253-7033 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org